Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Science of the Average Cat's Taste - Part One

For school, I get to investigate one thing of my choice using the Scientific Method. I can choose anything from "What happens to these chemicals when they mix?" to, "How long can a cactus survive without water?" I thought one fun thing to do would be relate it to cats.

"How can you relate the Scientific Method to cats?" you say.

I say, "Watch me."

Since I have six cats on hand at any given time, I can do pretty much anything. I can find the average length of any nap, or the average length of any fight. I chose one thing that might be a little more interesting. How crazy can cats go over treats? What is the average taste of a cat? Let's find out.

The first step of the Scientific Method is to ask a question, so you can keep your research on the right track. My questions are:

1. What kind of treats do the cats prefer?

2. Do they like fishy treats, meaty treats, or grain-based treats?

Wait for the next post to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment